Ukraine-Russia war: Trump-Putin meet in Budapest put on hold; Rubio calls Lavrov

Pictures of the week global photo gallery.jpg


Ukraine-Russia war: Trump-Putin meet in Budapest put on hold; Rubio calls Lavrov
President Donald Trump and Russia’s President Vladimir Putin talk, Friday, Aug. 15, 2025, at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, Alaska. (AP Photo/Julia Demaree Nikhinson)

There are “no plans” for a meeting between US President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin in the immediate future, a US official announced on Tuesday. The announcement came a day after a call between US secretary of state Marco Rubio and Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov. The two diplomats held a scheduled conversation after Trump said last week that they would work to arrange a meeting between the two presidents in Budapest, Hungary.According to the official, there will be no further calls between Rubio and Lavrov as well. “An additional in-person meeting between the secretary and foreign minister is not necessary, and there are no plans for President Trump to meet with President Putin in the immediate future,” the Trump administration official told news agency AFP.(Developing story)





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *