Won’t travel abroad without SC’s nod, says Anil Ambani | India News
New Delhi: ADAG head Anil Ambani undertook before Supreme Court Thursday that he would not leave the country without its permission to blunt the argument that he may flee India to avoid consequences of the ongoing probe into the alleged siphoning of Rs 40,000 crore from bank loans to ADAG companies. “I state on oath that I have not left India since July 2025, since the inception of the present investigations, and presently, have no plans or intention to travel outside India,” Ambani said. His counsel Mukul Rohatgi also pointed to the many ‘lookout circulars’ secured to prevent Ambani from leaving India.On Feb 4, retired IAS officer EAS Sarma, through counsel Prashant Bhushan, told a bench led by CJI Surya Kant that given the spread and size of the alleged fraud involving ADAG companies, Ambani, who is the principal accused, may leave the country like many others.Following through Rohatgi’s assurance, the ADAG chief said in the affidavit, “It is further undertaken that in the event any requirement of foreign travel arises, I shall seek prior leave and permission of SC before undertaking any such travel.” He also said he has been fully cooperating with CBI and ED in their investigation.He said he has been summoned to appear before ED on Feb 26. “I undertake to appear and join the investigation on the said date. I further undertake to fully cooperate with authorities, while ensuring procedural clarity and preventing any suggestion of evasion or selective presentation of facts by the petitioner (Sarma),” said the 66-year-old industrialist who appeared before ED once – on Aug 5 last year – but has since avoided doing so despite summons (Feb 18).The top court had asked CBI to register separate FIRs for each of the alleged instances of siphoning of money from bank loans, and had said that it would continue to monitor the probes of both CBI and ED.The court had asked them to file fresh status reports in four weeks.